Solution to Bear (and other predator) Proofing Your Feed

JessHall

Heavenly Hollow Ranch
10 Years
Jun 11, 2009
Shadow Hills, CA
Bears can be a threat to chickens, and they can be a real pain when they get into your flocks feed. I believe I've got a solution to part of the bear problem...

I'm the third generation of our family business, a precision sheet metal fabrication company, and we've been in business since 1974. We take great pride in what we do, which is everything from parts for the medical industry, to Bear Proof Food Storage Containers!
smile.png
(Please don't confuse these with the "bear proof dumpsters")

We've been making our approved bear boxes for 9 years. They've been tested and approved by various different National Parks, and Forests. The testing process involved a visual inspection, animal testing and finally a field service period.

These boxes were originally designed to help back country packers, campers, etc. comply with the not-so-new-anymore regulations regarding bear proof food storage in National Parks. We've sold boxes to the US Forest Service, University of Southern California, and various other people who use them for lots of outdoor activities in many different states. We make different sizes, and we make dry boxes, and Ice boxes(which come with an ice chest).
After reading a few threads on bear proofing, it finally hit me, these can really help poultry keepers!!! Our boxes are used everywhere from Alaska on boats for salmon fishing trips, to the High Sierra's packed on Mules for back country camping trips. Why not use them to store our chicken feed!? They are very affective and I know they'll keep lots of pests out of our birds feed!

Please go to our website and check it out.
http://www.bear-aware.com/index.htm
All of our contact information is up there. We'd love to hear from you! My dad's name is Jeff, or you can ask for me, Jessica.
smile.png
Hope this helps!

Last edited:
I got to thinking, if there is anything custom that anyone needs, let me know, PM me or go to the website and get our phone # and give us a call.
I think it would be really neat to be able to make things for the BYC community
smile.png

I'm going to design and have some nest boxes made.
smile.png

Let me know
thumbsup.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom