The Tetra Tint thread.. (Photos, info) ❤

Pics

Sunshyne276

Songster
9 Years
Jun 10, 2010
Richlands, Virginia
There have been a lot of questions about Tetra Tints this year.. I've been one of the ones asking! lol
I thought i'd start a thread for those of us interested in the new breed/hybrid..
Little seems to be known about Tetra Tints! ..Which makes it even more interesting to see how they turn out!

This is what little info I have been able to combine on Tetra Tints.
This info. came straight from the hatchery which supplied the chicks to Tractor Supply, Mt. Healthy Hatchery!

❥Tetra Tint hens will grow to be around 5 pounds
❥They will be heavy producers of a very light cream colored egg
❥Tetra Tints are white, and may have some darker coloration
❥New breed/hybrid the hatchery gets in exclusively for Tractor Supply

I also asked the hatchery if they have photos of adult hens available, and this was the response I received:

"Unfortunately we do not have any pictures of the tetra tint and do not have much information on
the breed we get them in just for Tractor Supply.
Thank you,
Mt Healthy Hatcheries"

So, apparently they don't hatch them at the hatchery, they get them in from an outside source.

Anyway, here are some photos of my Tetra Tint babies so far!
(they are the white chicks, the ones with red/brown are "assorted red pullets"! lol)
Two weeks old:

t2.jpg

t4.jpg

t3.jpg

t1.jpg

My babies at just a few days old (2-5 days?).. Had them a couple days in these pics.
(Again, the darker 3 are "assorted red pullets" ...4 are Tetra Tints!)

055.jpg

069.jpg

070.jpg

072.jpg

I will continue to post photos as my Tetra Tints mature, and if you have some,
hope you will do the same!!
smile.png

I love my Tetra Tints! They are very sweet, and like to be near or on me! lol
Which can be a bit annoying when I go to walk away from the brooder
and have them flying out at me.... lol Had to put chicken wire on top, now.

Photos, anyone else? Please? lol
wink.png

(*Also.. Some of the Tetra Tint babies have black spots on them. I went back to TSC,
and couldn't resist a couple more Tetra Tints! lol One yellow, and one yellow with black dots)

(***Not to be confused with the Tetra Americana varieties! The Tetra Amber lays a beautiful dark brown egg,
looks like a Welsummer egg.....I wish these Tetra Tints would turn out to be Tetra Ambers!!! lol
But.. According to the hatchery, they are not. They lay a very light cream colored egg.
Tetra Americana varieties (NOT Tetra Tint): http://www.tetraamericana.com/index.php?id=5

Last edited:
I too am intersted in these chicks. I tryed to get some but the local TSC didn't get any. From what I understand they were bred for high egg production with less feed nessessary for productivity making them more cost efficient. They are a hybred and I'm not sure they will breed true. I'm sure someone here could answer that.

I have 3 1 week old tetras and can't wait to see how they turn out. I went in to get my Golden Comets that I had been waiting for them to get in and wouldnt you know it they had tetra's . So we got 3 and 3 . I will post a picture of our little ones as soon as I figure out how lol

Chrissy

Hope this works I have Black australorps , Golden Comets and the Yellow ones are the Tetra Tints
82744_chicks.jpg

I will post my most recent pic later but I have two and they are by far the sweetest ones in my brooder! They are the first to investigate new toys, jump on new roosts, and hop into my hand. Mine are about 3 1/2 weeks old, I'm guessing. I bought them at TSC on March 9 along with 4 Easter Eggers.

Here's Rainbow (named by my 4 year old) about a week ago.
64448_img_6779.jpg

One a little before that
64448_img_6683.jpg

And baby pic:
64448_039.jpg

Those look EXACTLY like what my local TSC carries and are calling "California whites" . I know that they get birds from 3 different hatcheries....do ya'll think they could be the same? They are also supposed to lay a light cream colored egg, according to Cackle they are a White Leghorn hen with a California Grey Rooster.

I also have 3 girls from TSC that I believe are Tetra Tints.. They are 3 weeks. Hope its ok I also share some pictures. My girls look alot like yours
smile.png

Week 1

IMG_8989-2.jpg

Week 2

100_8699-1.jpg

Week 3

100_8737.jpg

Back
Top Bottom