Simple DIY humidifier

ahsworkshop

In the Brooder
8 Years
Apr 17, 2011
East Java
Water evaporates much faster at higher temperatures.

A hygrocontrol module regulates humidity in various ways, ranging from controlling 'ultrasonic mist maker' to heater to heat water within certain temperature limits.

Ultrasonic equipment is relatively more expensive than regular water heater, but the energy required is much lower. If you do not have a hygrocontrol, you can safely increase humidity by heating water using a ‘magic jar’ heater element. Since it has a relatively low energy, there is no need to use any heat limiter. You can adjust maximum humidity by adding more unit.

The experimental below proved that the use of magic jar heating element (US$ 1,00) wrapped an aluminum container could only raise water temperature up to 40 degrees celsius at 28 degree room temperature (it might be a little higher at incubator temperature, but would not affect air temperature that endanger the eggs). It was the highest with power consumption not exceeding 50 watts.

DSC00391.jpg

You can enable this heater type when humidity required in a higher level, such as 2-3 days before the duck eggs would hatch. If humidity can not be achieved with single heater unit, you can add it into 2 or 3 units. Simple, isn’t it? One important thing, you should not worry destroying water heater element if the container is run out of water. The heater is such low energy source that it can only heat the empty container not more than 50 degree celsius at 28 degree celsius room temperature.

If you plan to use ultrasonic mist maker, you can find a detailed page on my blog at :
http://ahsworkshop.blogspot.com

I think of my self as pretty smart an I can usually build anything I need but.....

I skimmed threw your blog an most of it was over my head. What was not was under explained.

When I put a home build something on my website I try my best to assume the reader has no knowledge already an break thing all the way down... I'm sure I have failed at it some too.

At least to me your blog assumes the reader (me) has pretty advanced technical knowledge. Apparently sometimes well above what I have so I didn't really get anything from it.

Quote:
you're right ...

I just try to refer my blog to anyone may be interested to more advanced things or at least to know how they work ..
For this forum, I try to post the simple thing as what I did that may help DIY person to do so. I wish i could not over or underestimate someone or something, but seems that i have to try to know ...

Thank you

Back
Top Bottom