Quiche Recipes?

I have a great low fat recipe. You could probably add some broccoli to it, although I've never tried it that way.

1/2 cup fat free milk
2 tablespoons all purpose flour
3/4 cup egg beaters (that's what it calls for... use regular eggs! LOL)
1 cup low fat cottage cheese
2 ounces reduced fat cream cheese- cut up
1 cup (4oz) shredded sharp chedder cheese
1/2 teasppon sugar

Preheat oven to 350. Whisk milk into flour. Whisk in eggs, cottage cheese and cream cheese (mixture will not be smooth). Stir in chedder, sugar and 1/2 teaspoon black pepper. Grease 9 inch pie plate and bake 45-50 minutes until knife comes out clean.
Serve with salsa.

Not really a recipe but I have some suggestions
tongue.png

I always make quiche when I can't think of anything else and the possibilities are endless! The basics, mix and match any of what you like such as:

Cooked bacon, ham, chorizo
onion, cheeses, mushrooms, almost anything! I always pre-cook the meat though.

Get a pre-made crust and slam it in a pie pan. Brown at 350 for about 10 minutes. Take it out and heap up your ingredients, spreading it around evenly. It can be really full and still work out fine.

Mix your eggs with some milk, salt, pepper. Beat just like scrambles
Throw that in the pan over the top of all of your stuff and watch the egg work its way through all the crevices, top at about 1/4 inch from top, cover edges with foil and bake at 350 for about an hour or until a knife comes out clean in the center. Viola!!! Quiche

Isisranch, you just changed my life! I have tried to find a perfect quiche recipe forever (no cream but rich, not too much filling, not too runny, blahh) but why?! You are so right that this is not rocket science, it is art! I am having quiche for dinner tonight!

Another idea is a crustless quiche called a frittata.

One of my family's favorites is thinly sliced potatoes and onions pan fried in a little butter. Add eggs and cook until the bottom is set (like an omelette). Run the pan under the broiler to set the top. Top with sliced tomatoes either before or after the broiler.

Another is browned Italian sausage, sauteed red bell peppers, onions, shredded mozzarella and Parmasan cheese.

Just a thought for when it's too hot for the oven. Can be served hot or at room temp.

Quote:
I discovered that once I stopped thinking about it my food cames out so much better!! I like quiche because the sky is the limit. As long as I cook everything first except the eggs it comes out great! Let me know how your quiche turns out!
big_smile.png

Quote:
This was SO perfect. I used Black Forest Ham, Fontina cheese, some broccoli I steamed, and some onions and mushrooms I sauted. Put some VERY finely chopped fresh rosemary on top of the ingredients, added a fair bit of fresh chopped dill weed to the eggs, as well as garlic powder. It was better than any quiche I've ever had anywhere, and SO easy.

Back
Top Bottom