Michigan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
Oh, yes. They can be flighty. The best I saw with our sebrights was when our 2 pigs broke out of their old pen. We looked all over after we finally got them back in their pen, but kept coming up 2 birds short. Where were they? On TOP of our 3 story farmhouse. I guess a 500lb pig chasing after you is great motivation.
lol.png

Good Morning All-

I went to the doctors, and I have pneumonia. No surprise there- I have been so sick, and the cough about kills me. My muscles are so SORE from coughing. Got antibiotics and an inhaler. Hope it helps fast.

Two of my baby chicks that I hatched, died. One was perfectly fine, and I have no idea why it was dead, along with the bubbly one. I posted in Emergencies but nobody replied at all. It hatched with a large crop full of water, and foam. Seemed to get worse after hatch. Bubbly foam coming from its mouth= but it was active and survived a couple days. Yesterday when I got home, both chicks were dead. Still two that look great- but now I dont trust them. If that makes sense. The one who died seemed perfect as well. The five chicks with Mama Hen are doing well. My dogs have been going outside barking their heads off all night, of and on- so I think the raccoon family has returned next door. As long as my dogs do their job, the babies should be okay. If not, I am setting a trap.

The fuel pump went out on my van yesterday. Luckily, Tiffany and I were not far from home, and my husband rescued me. I went straight to bed and he went and got my medicine. I am very grateful.
I have to continue to go in to work- but my boss has kicked me out two days in a row. We are very short staffed, and there is literally nobody to cover my shift. I would call the tech supervisor to come in, but thats me. haha.

Just in case I dont make it back- I wanted to wish you all a Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays/Season's Greetings/Happy Day. I hope you all have a wonderful weekend.

Quote:
Dont ya just hate it when you have to work cause there's nobody to replace you?
Hoping the meds kick in Mom. Have a good one!!

P.S. Your van is cursed.

Quote:
Not sure how to spell it but with the "smelly" part you describe...I'm thinking "coryza". There is a guy I read alot from on numerous threads who seems to know alot about diseases...Dawg I think. Are you planning on having her checked out by Dr. Fulton with a throat swab? I thinnk you can also take in BM samples.

Mom please take care of yourself. Pneumonia can be very dangerous. You needlots of rest and sleep. Hard as it is, let your troubles and cares go for now and rest. And stay home from work, your boss its right. No one is indespensable, and if you keep trying to overdo it you will not be able to do your job well, or end up out of work for a lot longer.
hugs.gif

As far as your little chicks, sometimes chicks that are not formed right do just fine as long as they are still utilizing their yoLk for nutrition, but can't function once they have to make the change to food - 2 to 3 days after hatching. The chances are good that the chick had some internal problem, as it seemed normal otherwise.

Mom2 - I am so sorry to hear that you are sick. I'll say some prayers for a quick recovery. I hope you have someone there that can help you because you really need to rest and not lift a finger until you get past this pnemonia.
hugs.gif

Taprock - I am so sorry to hear about your chicken.
sad.png
I wish I could offer up some type of advise that would help.

Nova - Everything looks fine on my computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom