1 QUAIL Watery poo very little white.

Clarenquails

Chirping
Nov 27, 2022
Hi
I have read all the posts on poo here and nothing matches my quail so I wonder if you can help!
I have 5 pet quails. They had watery poo last week and I put it down to extra meal worms and new feed brand. Then my female tuxedo became very droopy and weak and another seemed a bit off. There was also a broken egg in the pen. The vet gave me wormer for the flock and antibiotics for the 2. I also gave the girls extra calcium in their oyster shell water and some probiotics and vitamin supplements. Their poo is all ok now and they are all in good health apart from the tuxedo who although made a miraculous recovery in feeling better, still has watery poo with very little white 10 days on. She also seems to have lost weight ( unsurprisingly). I just wonder what else it could be.
I am still adding extra calcium to the shell and she is still laying everyday. She also lays very big eggs and cries when she does it. :-/
I have also fed them some natural yoghurt.
Attached are pics of her and the poo. Any thoughts appreciated.
Many thanks in advance.

Attachments

• 20230117_100624.jpg
    20230117_100624.jpg
    432.5 KB · Views: 41
  • 20230117_100616.jpg
    20230117_100616.jpg
    493.9 KB · Views: 17
  • 20230117_100455.jpg
    20230117_100455.jpg
    209.9 KB · Views: 17
Can u give her a rest from laying for a while? Put her in a pen and give her less daylight time (slowly reducing) and give her a break from laying to get herself well again? Xx

Hi
I have read all the posts on poo here and nothing matches my quail so I wonder if you can help!
I have 5 pet quails. They had watery poo last week and I put it down to extra meal worms and new feed brand. Then my female tuxedo became very droopy and weak and another seemed a bit off. There was also a broken egg in the pen. The vet gave me wormer for the flock and antibiotics for the 2. I also gave the girls extra calcium in their oyster shell water and some probiotics and vitamin supplements. Their poo is all ok now and they are all in good health apart from the tuxedo who although made a miraculous recovery in feeling better, still has watery poo with very little white 10 days on. She also seems to have lost weight ( unsurprisingly). I just wonder what else it could be.
I am still adding extra calcium to the shell and she is still laying everyday. She also lays very big eggs and cries when she does it. :-/
I have also fed them some natural yoghurt.
Attached are pics of her and the poo. Any thoughts appreciated.
Many thanks in advance.
Not sure if is just an old wound but she has some kind of growth on top of her beak how long has that ben there?

Can u give her a rest from laying for a while? Put her in a pen and give her less daylight time (slowly reducing) and give her a break from laying to get herself well again? Xx
Thats a good idea. I have been trying to turn off the house lights at 7pm so they have reduced artificial daylight but could decrease further. Thanks. đź‘Ť

Back
Top Bottom