10 week old pullet walking like a duck?

allebasi4

Songster
Apr 23, 2020
Northern California
Hi all,
I'm not really sure if this is an emergency or a disease, yet, but I wanted to see if anyone had any input.
I noticed that one of my 10 week old pullets (legbar x) was waddling like a duck earlier. Tail down, butt to heels. As far as I can tell she seemed normal in the run, but I caught them all to put them out in the garden for some "free-range" time. She is the biggest/super fast/hard to catch but I eventually caught her and she was enjoying her time in the garden (lots of dust bathing). However, I went to check on them and she was waddling around. I initially thought maybe she was just really relaxed/enjoying the dirt she didn't want to fully get up and walk around, and then I thought maybe she got too stressed when I caught her, though she's been fine every other time. But when I went to catch them & bring them in she didn't put up as much of a fight as she normally does & she laid in my lap and let me look at her vent/feel her body for any injuries. I haven't seen her walk that way since I put them back, but they've all been lounging around.
She's eating/drinking & pooping normally. They're not vaccinated & they were on medicated feed until about 2 weeks ago.
I'm going to keep a close eye but it's hard not to worry when your bird is acting differently!
Thanks

Hi all,
I'm not really sure if this is an emergency or a disease, yet, but I wanted to see if anyone had any input.
I noticed that one of my 10 week old pullets (legbar x) was waddling like a duck earlier. Tail down, butt to heels. As far as I can tell she seemed normal in the run, but I caught them all to put them out in the garden for some "free-range" time. She is the biggest/super fast/hard to catch but I eventually caught her and she was enjoying her time in the garden (lots of dust bathing). However, I went to check on them and she was waddling around. I initially thought maybe she was just really relaxed/enjoying the dirt she didn't want to fully get up and walk around, and then I thought maybe she got too stressed when I caught her, though she's been fine every other time. But when I went to catch them & bring them in she didn't put up as much of a fight as she normally does & she laid in my lap and let me look at her vent/feel her body for any injuries. I haven't seen her walk that way since I put them back, but they've all been lounging around.
She's eating/drinking & pooping normally. They're not vaccinated & they were on medicated feed until about 2 weeks ago.
I'm going to keep a close eye but it's hard not to worry when your bird is acting differently!
Thanks
Maybe she pulled a muscle when she was running. She will get better soon. Just keep an eye or two on her. 🐥🐣🐓

Back
Top Bottom