12 hens, 1st egg, who done it??!!!

Thanks so much!!! Going by their butt, it's the sapphire gem!!!
Good, glad you could finger(HAHAHA!)it out!

I hear the start of an egg song this morning but no egg and it only went on for a moment. However it's only 630 here. We'll see what happens. Someone has definitely been in one of the nest boxes.
They can all make a lot of noise as the group starts laying, even the ones that aren't quite ready to lay yet.

I am in a development or technically I should not have chickens due to an HOA but I kind of think it's a ridiculous rule in my neighbors are all happy that I have chickens cuz they want some eggs right but I prefer to keep it quiet Plus we're on an acre and a quarter but my bedroom windows go right to the coop like just a regular yard in between and so they're noisy at 5:30 in the morning and I don't appreciate it. I would never hear them if I left my air conditioner on and my Windows shut but I'm a frugal human so I open windows at night and close them during the day and try to leave my air off 😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣

That said, thanks so much for all the tips and feedback! No noise today :( I have two others squatting too so shouldn't be long. I want eggs!!!!

Her is the egg we found today... Next to a large (not extra large) store egg. It's about the same size as the other one, maybe the tiniest bit bigger. PXL_20220804_212539362.jpg

I didn't feel the bones, just looked at the vent. So going by that and some of what I've read about them now that this happened, it's the sapphire gem.

Back
Top Bottom