13-14 week old bantam cockerel

Nay117

Chirping
Apr 20, 2021
New chicken mom.. 7 chickens, mixed flock... Once a sweet little cockerel, Tony, my 13ish week sebright bantam cockerel, had quite the incident today! I let them free range in my backyard with me everyday when I get out of work. All of a sudden, Glinda, my apparent red sex link, was screaming... tony had her by the head pulling feathers out with them spinning (he wasnt mounting her). I've never seen him try to mount yet. Glinda is my lowest ranking chicken in my flock I feel. She keeps to herself (loves me) and is always in back waiting for the other girls to drop a special treat I have. I struggle with her feathers (tail feathers were all choppy/upkept thought she may of been a cockerel because to me they look a little sickle but everyone said no that bc they are a production breed she can? Guess this question is a 2 part question I do have another post about Glinda lol). I smacked Tony! I felt bad but was my first response to get him to let go of Glinda. Tony then sparred off with Dorothy and Ester (my regular sized top pullets.) To which he backed down. I've never seen Glinda get bullied or picked on by the other girls. Do I give Tony a pass? I am really upset about it and Glinda has become my favorite. i was not planning on getting a rooster but I told tony he could stay if he stayed a good boy. Pictures of Glinda (my other post has more) and Tony. Any advice is welcome! Thanks guys!

Attachments

• 20210625_143717.jpg
    20210625_143717.jpg
    694.5 KB · Views: 15
  • 20210702_065121.jpg
    20210702_065121.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 10

Back
Top Bottom