14 missing young pullets all at once

ALH66

Chirping
Mar 13, 2023
Missouri
My neighbor free ranges her older chicken and the 14 young ones stay in a pen area, but she leaves gate open . She was gone one day last week and when she got home all of the young ones were gone, no trace of them anywhere. No feather no blood nothing. Yesterday she had a young rooster missing , she was home but heard nothing.I don't know what predators that can do that many at one time.
I don't free range mine but know something could happen at anytime. Any thoughts on a predator ?

My neighbor free ranges her older chicken and the 14 young ones stay in a pen area, but she leaves gate open . She was gone one day last week and when she got home all of the young ones were gone, no trace of them anywhere. No feather no blood nothing. Yesterday she had a young rooster missing , she was home but heard nothing.I don't know what predators that can do that many at one time.
I don't free range mine but know something could happen at anytime. Any thoughts on a predator ?
Could it be possible that someone stole them? Otherwise I am unsure of the predator

Hard to say for sure but fox will take multiples without leaving a trace especially if there's a pair.
If they're uninterrupted they will snag one and carry it to a safe place then repeat as long as the coast is clear.

Back
Top Bottom