18 week old Rhode Island Red (maybe) cockerel?

Rain264

In the Brooder
Aug 4, 2020
Western Washington
Hi All,

New chicken person here! While it is easy to tell what most of my chickens are, this one has me stumped. Can anyone tell me if this is actually a Rhode Island Red and if it is a cockerel or a pullet? He/she has no tail feathers really, so not sure if they are just a late bloomer, but he/she does not show the typical squatting behavior as the other hens so I don't think they are close to laying, but at the same time, I don't see sickle or hackle feathers (might be my untrained eye). They have not yet begun to crow which I would think they would have done by now. The comb started coming in about 3 weeks ago.

Attachments

• 20200804_185512.jpeg
    20200804_185512.jpeg
    547 KB · Views: 108
  • 20200804_185835.jpeg
    20200804_185835.jpeg
    596.7 KB · Views: 74
  • 20200804_185839.jpeg
    20200804_185839.jpeg
    543.4 KB · Views: 72
Hi All,

New chicken person here! While it is easy to tell what most of my chickens are, this one has me stumped. Can anyone tell me if this is actually a Rhode Island Red and if it is a cockerel or a pullet? He/she has no tail feathers really, so not sure if they are just a late bloomer, but he/she does not show the typical squatting behavior as the other hens so I don't think they are close to laying, but at the same time, I don't see sickle or hackle feathers (might be my untrained eye). They have not yet begun to crow which I would think they would have done by now. The comb started coming in about 3 weeks ago.
Girl..

Hi All,

Looks like a hen!

Back
Top Bottom