2-3 week OE with crossbeak

Newbie2BYC

In the Brooder
May 12, 2022
I recently got a OE maybe a week ago. Didn’t notice any issue with her beak until this morning. It is slightly turned outward, she is eating, drinking and playing around normally. Is there anything I can do to fix it or prevent it from getting worse?
File_000 (3).jpeg
File_000 (2).jpeg

Last edited:
What I'm currently doing with mine is taking her maybe once a day, and holding her beak opposite for a minute or two. I'm not seeing any major changes yet, though it might be helping her beak from getting worse. Cleaning the grain out of her beak is something easy to do for her because she can't do it herself.

it can't be fixed, it is a skull deformity set before hatch, so you work with them to enable them to eat, deep dishes, wet the food if she can't get crumble, it will cross until 5 months, then if it interferes with eating file as needed. There is a crossbeak thread, i'll find the link

its an old thread and i can't find it, i do run a crossbeak forum on facebook, i might make a new thread here on the basics, my oldest crossbeak is 8. They can live good lives with monitoring

Back
Top Bottom