2 egg questions!

Pink will be SO COOL. My girls would freak out in excitement !!!
I noticed when my Cuckoo Maran laid her first egg it was more of a light pink. Like the slightest light pink. Brought it inside and I could see it more as a light brown.

Sometimes people think they know when they don't. I thought all the speckled eggs were Mocha's until it became clear they were not. Later it also became clear that Mocha didn't always lay speckled eggs.

Most of my brown eggs are medium brown colored (except for the dark speckles), but once one was a very, very light tan. I don't have a breed that lays that color - as in, is supposed to lay that color. If I did, I would think it was her's.
Good to know!!!!
My first 17 just started laying…well there is 3 of the 17. The 18th is my boy so clearly he won’t lay. But I’m out there ALL the time checking who is going in and out. I have a couple that just like to hang out and watch with me. Or maybe they just want treats. But either way I can tell I annoy my chickens. I swear I see eye rolls from them 🤣
I ended up just putting a camera out lol! I wanna see!!!!!

I did read that! My Easter Eggers aren’t laying yet but I can’t wait until they do! I’m thinking I’m going to have to wait until Spring for them.
We got ours in June but were told different ages for them! Then a local kid was selling chickens that we thought were close to ours ages but they were definitely at least 4 weeks older and those are our EE. One of my marans is laying on the fake eggs we have out there now so I’m hoping she’s getting the instincts and lays soon?!

Very likely. When they start exploring and sitting in the nests, they are likely close to lay.

Don't be shocked if a couple lay eggs in a random location. Sometimes it takes an egg or two before they understand "that feeling" means an egg is coming. They'll quickly self-correct and move to the nests when they need to lay again.

Back
Top Bottom