2 of my chickens laid 2 eggs today!

Kim W

In the Brooder
Apr 4, 2021
So today I moved one of my silkie roosters into the coop with my 3 laying hens, and 2 of the hens each laid 2 eggs! Definately not complaining, but is it just a coincidence, or did this happen because of the new Rooster ??

You are ABSOLUETLY positive no other chicken of any kind could have laid those eggs, or that those eggs weren't there previously? I believe it takes 25 or 26 hours for an egg to form, so I'm not sure they laid two.

You are ABSOLUETLY positive no other chicken of any kind could have laid those eggs, or that those eggs weren't there previously? I believe it takes 25 or 26 hours for an egg to form, so I'm not sure they laid two.
I only have 3 hens in that coop. I have another coop on another part of our property, but it only has chicks and another teen roo in there. The eggs are 100% from the 3 hens. All laid in the same nest. Have only had the 3 layers for about 2 months, and I always collect at the same time every day. Like clockwork. Lol. 3 hens...3 eggs. Every day by 2pm. This is just such a weird thing, and especially since it happened the same day I put a rooster in there!

I only have 3 hens in that coop. I have another coop on another part of our property, but it only has chicks and another teen roo in there. The eggs are 100% from the 3 hens. All laid in the same nest. Have only had the 3 layers for about 2 months, and I always collect at the same time every day. Like clockwork. Lol. 3 hens...3 eggs. Every day by 2pm. This is just such a weird thing, and especially since it happened the same day I put a rooster in there!
Probably unrelated to the rooster : D They impact fertility, not laying, it's possible I suppose one of your ladies could have laid twice in 24 hours but boy I feel bad for her butt haha

Back
Top Bottom