2 year old sex-link

buddy18

Songster
7 Years
Mar 18, 2016
My 2 year old sex-link had been laying eggs up until a few months ago. Her roommate is still laying eggs (not same breed). She goes up in the coop like she's going to lay, but nothing.

Is the "only symptom" she not laying? Eating/drinkin/pooping ok? What are you feeding? Oyster Shells available? Lethargic? Is her crop empty in the AM? Full in the PM? She hasn't laid at all for several months? If she's having no other issues, it's possible she's may not lay as often or done .... IMO See what others have to say.

I had a RSL that stopped laying but kept going into the nest box like she was. It was suggested here that it was hormones, which seemed about right. She eventually stopped going into the nest altogether & then didn't live too much longer after that.

I had a RSL that stopped laying but kept going into the nest box like she was. It was suggested here that it was hormones, which seemed about right. She eventually stopped going into the nest altogether & then didn't live too much longer after that.
That was my thought being a "production" hybrid but wasn't sure since I've read but not had any. :hugs

My 2 year old sex-link had been laying eggs up until a few months ago. Her roommate is still laying eggs (not same breed). She goes up in the coop like she's going to lay, but nothing.
I have a 7 year old Red Sexlink that is still laying. Don't give up on her.

I have a 5 year old RSL still laying just about every day too! She's definitely not the norm from what I've seen, but it can happen for sure.

Back
Top Bottom