3 months old Americana pullet.

ChesterT1960

In the Brooder
Sep 9, 2022
My flock is made up of, two Amberlinks, two Easter Eggers. These four are 14 months old.
I have two Barred Rocks and two Americanas. The Barred Rocks and the Americanas are are nine weeks old.
My older hens push the younger pullets away from them but don’t really attack them.
I just recently noticed that two of the barred rocks have been attacking one of the Americanas. So much so that the Americana refuses to go into the run/ coop. She has even flew onto my shoulder when near the others.
What is the best advice for this situation.
Here’s the picked on girl

Attachments

• IMG_0804.jpeg
    IMG_0804.jpeg
    498.2 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_0799.jpeg
    IMG_0799.jpeg
    438 KB · Views: 18
Your 'Americanas' are Easter Eggers.

You just need to give her time. You currently have two sub-flocks that will remain that way until the younger pullets start to lay. It takes months to fully integrate new birds into a flock. Someone is always going to be the bottom of the pecking order and it looks like she's it. As long as she has plenty of space to get away from the others, she should make out okay. Just keep an eye on things to make sure it doesn't escalate.

PS - I do not recommend you let her help you paint!

Your 'Americanas' are Easter Eggers.

You just need to give her time. You currently have two sub-flocks that will remain that way until the younger pullets start to lay. It takes months to fully integrate new birds into a flock. Someone is always going to be the bottom of the pecking order and it looks like she's it. As long as she has plenty of space to get away from the others, she should make out okay. Just keep an eye on things to make sure it doesn't escalate.

PS - I do not recommend you let her help you paint!
Thanks for the info. EasterEggers is not what I ordered, oh well. I love them either way BTW, she paints like Picasso 😂

Back
Top Bottom