4.5 week old Broiler with bruised or broken foot

Starshollow

Chirping
Apr 22, 2023
So I feel like I just have failure after failure......and feeling very defeated as a chicken tender.

When we moved our chicken tractor last night the ground was very wonky and a broiler got her foot stuck. She seemed fine (I know they hide injury)

This morning I noticed her limping but was out of the house all day and was hoping it was just stiff from sleeping.

She is still limping and it looks bruised. Is there anything I can do for her?

I would put her in a dog crate, preferably in the tractor if there is room. Hopefully, if she can keep off of it for a day or so it will heal up. Do you see any markings or discoloration on the injured foot?

It looks a bit blue in the middle and a bit swollen. I'll try to get her in a crate in the am. With s dish for food and water.
I already have a flock mate in the house who was trampled as a day old and stayed in the house a week and has been named and is a house chicken now.....

I already have a flock mate in the house who was trampled as a day old and stayed in the house a week and has been named and is a house chicken now.....
It happens, doesn't it? 😄

If you can get a clear, well-lit picture of the foot I can ask for some further advice from someone. If it is a break you would want to treat differently, if I am remembering correctly.

It happens, doesn't it? 😄

If you can get a clear, well-lit picture of the foot I can ask for some further advice from someone. If it is a break you would want to treat differently, if I am remembering correctly.
Thank you and sorry I meant to reply earlier. She seems to be fine now so I think it was just a bruise!

Back
Top Bottom