4month goose plucking wings

Is it possible Gansie is just lonely? Goslings want a lot of attention, and the companionship of other goslings. Their parents and siblings give them that. Even a duck or duckling can be a good companion, if the gosling doesn't bully a duckling.

Is it possible Gansie is just lonely? Goslings want a lot of attention, and the companionship of other goslings. Their parents and siblings give them that. Even a duck or duckling can be a good companion, if the gosling doesn't bully a duckling.

Gansie stopped plukking bit still preening. The new feathers started to come out but its also bloody. Whe sparyed her with teramycin today. And i gave her ecomectin 1% in her water.
Someone suggested that i strap her wings till the new feathers are completely out.

Gansie did start to come oit mote.

Attachments

• 20210213_193128.jpg
    20210213_193128.jpg
    400.3 KB · Views: 0
  • 20210213_193103.jpg
    20210213_193103.jpg
    413.9 KB · Views: 0
  • 20210213_193010.jpg
    20210213_193010.jpg
    273.5 KB · Views: 0
  • 20210213_192959.jpg
    20210213_192959.jpg
    294.4 KB · Views: 0
Gansie stopped plukking bit still preening. The new feathers started to come out but its also bloody. Whe sparyed her with teramycin today. And i gave her ecomectin 1% in her water.
Someone suggested that i strap her wings till the new feathers are completely out.

Gansie did start to come oit mote.
That sort of looks like the wing of the Canada gander on the river, except his is much worse looking, since it's much bigger. Occasionally, it hangs down, too. The first time I saw that I thought it was broken! Thankfully, it wasn't. He still preens and preens, and doesn't look totally waterproof at times during this very rainy week. Other than that, though, he seems perfectly fine and doesn't act like there is anything wrong with him. A more aggressive gander might lunge at him sometimes, but then he also lunges at times at some of the ganders not as large as he is.

Diatomaceous Earth food grade is a staple in my barn. I have a duster and dust the birds and bedding. bedding and mice seem to go together and you would be surprised what they can bring in along with the little barn swallows that try to get in to sneak some grain.
When I have hatch lings its usually there first treatment since I use fine wood shavings for base bedding and most of them are not kiln dried

Back
Top Bottom