6 week old barnyard mix hatch needs help with sexing

On the white chicken...I know it's comb is very red but I'm not seeing any rooster feathering...is anything able to tell me if that's normal on white roosters? For them to show pointy feathers later?

On the white chicken...I know it's comb is very red but I'm not seeing any rooster feathering...is anything able to tell me if that's normal on white roosters? For them to show pointy feathers later?
Yeah some red combs there on all of them actually. Is the climate very hot where you are? Usually excessive heat will make the combs look very red.

How old are they? Usually you don't want to bank on saddle feathers until around 14 weeks, and sickles much later than that. Birds will certainly get saddle feathers before then, but if they don't have them by 14 weeks, it can be a good pullet indicator.

the Cuckoo is a pullet

#5 - I can see why you'd have reservations about it being a cockerel, as do I. We have a leghorn mix here, and he really fooled me to be honest this year. I can't say that I am familiar with the breed, but something tells me their are slower to feather.

Final answer - #5 = cockerel.

Thank you for your answer... We have had it got 80-95 but the last couple of weeks have been 70's

What is your thoughts on the brahma mix?
What
Thank you for your answer... We have had it got 80-95 but the last couple of weeks have been 70's

What is your thoughts on the brahma mix
I believe the brahma mix is a pullet.

Back
Top Bottom