6mo old silkies. Hen or roo? Helllppp

What makes you think that? I would love that- but they look so different.
I could be wrong, silkies are notoriously difficult, but my buff male was much bigger and his steamer feathers were very noticeable by six months.. yours could very well be a cockerel but my pullet doesn’t look that much different from yours (she’s a bit older, hatched in april)

Attachments

• IMG_0965.jpeg
    IMG_0965.jpeg
    709.1 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_1026.jpeg
    IMG_1026.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 18
I could be wrong, silkies are notoriously difficult, but my buff male was much bigger and his steamer feathers were very noticeable by six months.. yours could very well be a cockerel but my pullet doesn’t look that much different from yours (she’s a bit older, hatched in april)
This was my boys streamers at only 3 months old

Attachments

• IMG_7415.jpeg
    IMG_7415.jpeg
    531 KB · Views: 17
Hmm, they do look similar.
Is this pullets comb as large as mine? Hard to tell from the picture.
Thanks for sharing tho! Much appreciated!

Her comb is very similar in shape and size. I’ll try and get a picture for you later today.
After looking at yours and mine, yours is a bit more pronounced. Maybe it’s a late blooming cockerel, but it does look very similar to mine IMO.

Attachments

• IMG_1422.jpeg
    IMG_1422.jpeg
    677 KB · Views: 11

Back
Top Bottom