A match made in heaven or the other place?? lol

Jan 1, 2021
I just got a supposedly 9 to 11 month old ISA Brown hen for my 3-4 month old Barred Rock Roo just so he'd have a mate while my other very young hens are growing up. They are both docile chickens and I can say this from raising 2 roosters and them turning out to be complete opposites. I got rid of "Diablo" the other day Thank God! ha ha. He was a terrorizer. Always attacking me and the others, drawing a little blood sometimes and trying to be the big boss of the run even tho my other bigger docile rooster was the dominant one. Now that he's gone everything is so much more peaceful. My Barred Rock doesn't seem to be mating with the new hen and neither one seemed to be too interested in each other when they first met. I don't think he's mature enough yet? Now that they've been around each other for 4.5 days he seems to be her shadow telling her what she can and can't do, giving her a peck every now and then while hovering over her. Not very hard but being very persistent and she does what he wants. I wish he would leave her alone. He makes her quit eating. He gets mad at me because I put food all over the place and make him go away sometimes so she can have some peace. My girl is going to eat! lol. Jeez, that roo reminds me of my ex husband. Do this do that. LOL. Anyways, is this normal behavior? Is he rejecting her as I've read in another post on here? Is he making her miserable or is he just a guiding hand and she's willing to follow and it's natural and all that or what? When he leaves, she follows so that seems to be a good thing. They are not always side by side. Any info or advice would be great. Also, my hen is having some issues. Please see other post for well rounded explanation of what's going on.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/so-worried-about-my-hen-help.1459521/
Thank you for your time.

Photos

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210416-221708_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210416-221708_Gallery.jpg
    420.9 KB · Views: 3
  • 20210415_182041.jpg
    20210415_182041.jpg
    961.2 KB · Views: 3
  • Screenshot_20210406-001001_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210406-001001_Gallery.jpg