A really Aggressive Rooster

picklestheduck

Obsessed with Animals🦆🐓🐥🐴🐱🐶
Premium Feather Member
Oct 16, 2021
Michigan
Hey yall. I have a year old rhode island red rooster who is getting increasingly aggressive. I've tried treats, and holding him when he was younger, and feeding him from my hand, but he is still getting worse. He attacks my horses when they walk by, any person with their back turned, and even vehicles, bikes ect. driving by. I've kept him locked up in the run and away from that stuff but he runs and slams into the fence aggressively. I know several family members have needed to defend themselves and swat or kick him off. Several people in the family have scars from him. I REALLY don't want to rehome him, and I WILL NOT cull him. I have noticed my one rouen drake does attack him whenever he tries to mate a hen though. Could that contribute? Or is he just really mean? My animals are my babies and I want whats best for him but I can't have him hurting animals or people. Actually, I just went onto the run to check on everyone and say hi, and out of no where he attacked me. I was in shorts and crocs and he first attacked my crocs and then came at my legs. He puffs all his feathers up and pecks, and scratches like crazy. Another time I walked in with a pan of water and flew and pecked my legs and scratched them wildly, I screamed and threw the pan of water on him. I didn't throw the pan at him just the water. I love him so much but I can't have him doing this. Any ideas?

Rehome with full disclosure,there's nothing to be done.
If he's actually opening wounds and leaving scars, he's good for nothing more than soup or fertilizer. He's not going to stop
Thanks. I'm leaving for vacation tomorrow and don't want him left to hurt the pet sitter. I will have to most likely send him out to someone to butcher him. I have no other option. They can keep the meat too, I won't touch it.

Thanks. I'm leaving for vacation tomorrow and don't want him left to hurt the pet sitter. I will have to most likely send him out to someone to butcher him. I have no other option. They can keep the meat too, I won't touch it.

OK, this posted while I was typing.

Butchering him is the right thing to do.

I'm sorry that it's come to this but I agree that would be the right choice. ♥️

He's leaving people with permanent scars but you value him more than you value your family members?

I don't think that you actually mean that. :(
I just meant I wouldn't personally cull him. Should have clarified. He was culled that day. Thanks for the input and help.

Back
Top Bottom