a talk about DP/dog proof coon traps

Fish based stuff works real good too but it stinks to high hell. I’d rather use sweet over fishy smells but if one isn’t working then you might have to switch.

Raccoons are strange animals. They’re not hard to catch at all around chickens. When your out in the woods trapping for fur though it’s can be a different story. Sometimes anything will work other times nothing. You’ll see where one bait/lure combo will pull them off a trail 20yds or more. In another location same bait/lure they won’t move 6 inches. It’s always best to slap the trap smack in the middle of the trail if you can find one.

update,

been using bird seed for bait (no lure) and set the trap's for maybe 4 days now i had nothing. just about to give up on using seeds as bait (and planning on going back to cat food and hope not to catch a stray cat)

well this morning had the biggest coon i have ever caught, most coon i catch are maybe 8-18 lbs nothing massive well this one is 30lbs and yes that is correct i weight it on a scale will post pictures if you guys want :)

Raccoons are strange animals. They’re not hard to catch at all around chickens. When your out in the woods trapping for fur though it’s can be a different story. Sometimes anything will work other times nothing. You’ll see where one bait/lure combo will pull them off a trail 20yds or more. In another location same bait/lure they won’t move 6 inches. It’s always best to slap the trap smack in the middle of the trail if you can find one.
agree most of the time you just have to find where they are or there trail and place your trap there and you have a good chance at getting them.

Back
Top Bottom