Adult Muscovy Females Pigeon toed Walk

LazyBirds

Hatching
May 12, 2022
I have two adult muscovy ducks (~14 months) and they have recently developed a pigeon toed walk. They have no reluctance to walk or run and are seemingly unbothered by their toes pointing inward. It seems to have affected their gait and some and they will trip occasionally.
The girls weigh just under 5 lbs each. They are currently laying eggs regularly and are a bit broody, but thats normal for them.

I initially suspected niacin deficiency but after 2 weeks of attempting to treat the walk with nutritional yeast, I've seen little to no improvement in their walk. I am unsure if I should rule out niacin deficiency or if I could be under-dosing them. I give them 1 tablespoon of the yeast twice a day with their food.
Most resources I can find regarding niacin deficiency reference ducklings. I'm unsure how to move forward.

I have two adult muscovy ducks (~14 months) and they have recently developed a pigeon toed walk. They have no reluctance to walk or run and are seemingly unbothered by their toes pointing inward. It seems to have affected their gait and some and they will trip occasionally.
The girls weigh just under 5 lbs each. They are currently laying eggs regularly and are a bit broody, but thats normal for them.

I initially suspected niacin deficiency but after 2 weeks of attempting to treat the walk with nutritional yeast, I've seen little to no improvement in their walk. I am unsure if I should rule out niacin deficiency or if I could be under-dosing them. I give them 1 tablespoon of the yeast twice a day with their food.
Most resources I can find regarding niacin deficiency reference ducklings. I'm unsure how to move forward.
Nutritional yeast is a maintenence preventative treatment. If you are already seeing symptoms, and you msy be, you need touse durvet high level Vit B Complex. It says injectible bit we use it orally for ducks. Give both your girls 1ml each day soaked into a treat so you can watch them eat their dose. Give this every day until you see improvement. Continue for a further week while also adding nutritional yeast to their food

Back
Top Bottom