Advice Needed for Operation Guinea Goodwill ( rescue attempt by rank novice)

745tv8

Hatching
Sep 26, 2020
Hi all,
We recently moved to this area of Snellville, Ga., within walking distance of the pictured intersection ( Dollar General on one side, The Food Mart on the other) I'm told that two years ago, five Guineas inhabited the immediate area, sleeping in the trees around the DG parking lot, and crossing the street to hang at the TFM parking lot during the day. Appears that farm property behind the DG was sold, and these birds were left behind. Present day: Only one left. I've been observing her for the last few days- she drops out of her DG roosting tree around 0645, and shoots across the street to spend most of the day at TFM, then crosses again around 8:45pm to hop back into her tree...She's wily, quick, and she'd just laugh at my big Have a Hart trap...I do have a net- I am now able to get within a couple feet of her- she doesn't seem to see me as a threat- yet- I 'm guessing I have one shot with my net, which is why I haven't tried anything yet...She walks among the parking lot traffic, and crosses the busy intersection at least twice a day.
Please advise !Any and all comments/advice is appreciated!
If I can catch her, I can relocate her to our large, fenced in backyard until a fried who has farmland can relocate her to a safer place...I have been tossing handfuls of cracked corn, and something called Flock Party ( raisins, sunflower seeds, ect ) whenever I get close to her...If there is anything out there ( specialized trap,bait, ect. ) that can be utilized I'm willing to buy it. Any local folks reading this are welcome to contact me at [email protected]
THANKS very much, and enjoy the weekend! Bill Kelly

Attachments

• Guinea rescue 1 26 Sept 2020.jpg
    Guinea rescue 1 26 Sept 2020.jpg
    214 KB · Views: 9
  • Guinea rescue 2 26 Sept 2020.jpg
    Guinea rescue 2 26 Sept 2020.jpg
    411.5 KB · Views: 4
  • Guinea rescue 3 26 Sept 2020.jpg
    Guinea rescue 3 26 Sept 2020.jpg
    254.7 KB · Views: 4
  • Guinea rescue 4 26 Sept 2020.jpg
    Guinea rescue 4 26 Sept 2020.jpg
    334.1 KB · Views: 4
If I can catch her, I can relocate her to our large, fenced in backyard until a fried who has farmland can relocate her to a safer place

I don't know about catching her, but she will almost certainly fly over your backyard fence to get back out again.

I don't know about catching her, but she will almost certainly fly over your backyard fence to get back out again.
Right-we're aware of this...Even if she does escape the backyard(about 3/4 acre,8ft.wooden fence),she'd be safer in the surrounding woods than in the parking lots...

Back
Top Bottom