Advice

They may be doing fine, but its curtail to know the brooder temp so they have a smooth comfortable transition outside. If they go from hot to cold its going to be traumatic for them. Were is your brooder located? Can you get photos of the brooder setup please?
And don’t tell me what is “curtail”
Watery poop in Pekins is pretty normal in my experiences. Ducks when they drink a lot more water can have more watery poop. It will range in consistency. I found my Muscovy to have far more solid droppings than my other breeds. I wouldn't worry too much unless you notice other signs like not eating or acting lethargic.
omg thank you sm!!

Also you will want to keep an eye on the Pekin. They tend to overheat easily. You may need to fully turn off the brooder heat early anyway. I can't say for Muscovy, since I haven't raised them from ducklings. They will let you know if they are too hot or too cold. They start panting a lot when they are too hot.

Also you will want to keep an eye on the Pekin. They tend to overheat easily. You may need to fully turn off the brooder heat early anyway. I can't say for Muscovy, since I haven't raised them from ducklings. They will let you know if they are too hot or too cold. They start panting a lot when they are too hot.
Oh damn. I didn’t know that. Thank you sm. He started being out from the heat this morning so I am taking the heat off throughout the day. Their coop for outside is arriving either today or tomorrow so I’m looking forward to that, but for as of rn the heat lamp goes on at night

Oh damn. I didn’t know that. Thank you sm. He started being out from the heat this morning so I am taking the heat off throughout the day. Their coop for outside is arriving either today or tomorrow so I’m looking forward to that, but for as of rn the heat lamp goes on at night
I don't see any problem with that. I do that often with my ducklings. I watch how they respond to respond to the heat and decide to add extra or remove it. In the summer the heat source is usually not as needed, depending on where you live. At night, you can heat just one side of the brooder and leave the other side cooler. Then they choose of they need heat or not.

Back
Top Bottom