After 2 long months I finally get them.

Duck_life

Duck Addict
5 Years
May 14, 2019
Woods of PA
So let me start off by saying, I love ducks, hence my username. I have always loved ducks and chickens and have owned them most of my life. But this year I didn't just keep them to 'have around', I had a connection with these ones, my muscovies, although they are quite the sassy butts and pretty mean towards new people I love them, and they are sweet when they want to. THEN I went to the poultry breeder up my road, she had chickens I was interested in and then I saw them, 2 pekins, my dream and favorite duck breed! Of course I had to buy them, and I did. They were skittish at first and did what any normal duck would do, SWIM, they got used to us and they started coming around more, such sweet ducks they were, they're names were Pippin and Pepper, 1 year old brothers, they did everything together and I loved them, they were pretty, funny, and talkative. Then something horrible happened, Pip showed up alone after a swim in the neighbors creek (Which I don't understand since we have a pond a swamp AND a creek) I looked everywhere and found multiple feathers... poor Pepper, I admit, I did cry. THEN Pippin never moved on but he did makes amends with the muscovies. So for 3 weeks he hung with them... he even got better with people!!! Sweetest duck I knew.. But all good things must end... 3 weeks later something chased my ducks around, hurting all but Nia, my musocvy, who was up with the chickens in the woods at the time while the ducks were chased into the front yard (They were in the backyard) It came out of my neighbors woods and chased them onto the road, I wasn't their at the time but I find no other way for it to come out of my woods without damaging the chickens or my other ducks. Anyways, Pippin got chased onto the road where a car hit him and the animal ran off without harming any other of my ducks (badly) Bella's neck got ripped open, has a sprained wing, sprained leg AND lots of bite marks, Marsh-mellow had lots of bite marks and a bad limp (He healed the fastest) And lucky just got some minor scratches but he was petrified to even come out of the coop, fast forward 2 months I saw a listed ad saying '2 free pekins' And tomorrow I get to pick up these 2 pekins!! This is the happiest and most exciting time for me in 2 months and i'm OVER joyed!!! I honestly can't wait because it has been so hard without me pekin boys, now I am not going to use the same names so any name suggestions are great.
OMG MINE.jpg

I believe I’d do some fencing to keep your birds safe. At least it might keep what ever came out of the woods from getting them and keep them away from the road. I’M sorry for your losses and the injuries to your other ducks. Glad they are healing. Hope Pippin an Pepper settle right in to their new home.

Thanks, just when I was getting happy my parakeet Hades I found lying down in the cage, I saw this coming, her mate and her are old, her mate already died a month ago but it is her time for no more suffering now, I am not as sad with her loss because she is old, and I saw it coming. I hope she lives a better life in birdie heaven. We are deffidentally planning on a fence since were getting pigs and cows, horses, stuff like that.
IMG_20191025_172308.jpg
RIP my sweet girl, you lived on this earth for 8 beautiful years.

Back
Top Bottom