Aggressive Drake towards Hen

I recently rehomed our drake, it ended up being for the best. He was either beating up or getting beat up by some of the girls. He also would not allow his main two ladies to interact with the other half of the flock. A few hours after he left, everything was peachy. Now all the girls get along which never happened before. I was sad to see him go to a new home, he was goofy and very handsome, but everyone is much happier for it.
Thank you for telling your experience. My drake had a ton of personality compared to the two hens. How did you end up finding a home for him?

Thank you for telling your experience. My drake had a ton of personality compared to the two hens. How did you end up finding a home for him?

Of course! Well, I started off by posting across a few North Carolina (where I'm based) homesteading groups on Facebook. None of those experiences went well, one person wanted to feed him to his snake 😑 If you do post on FB, make sure to look at the post histories in those groups; someone seemed like a good fit at first glance, then I saw by their past posts that they were in an endless cycle of all her ducks being killed because she wouldn't fix their coop door.

I avoided craigslist because, well, it's craigslist. Then I posted on here in both my state thread and the rehoming forum :) it took a few months, but ultimately I met a member from BYC at Target and said goodbye.

Back
Top Bottom