Aggressive Rooster

if he's attacking your dad, he will end up eventually attacking all of you at some point. this is a bad rooster, and will have to go. I had a rooster that I really liked. He started attacking me. then he started attacking my mom. he eventually even attacked my dad. he also turned into dinner. I was very attached to him and hated to see him go, but he needed to. you need to say goodbye to your rooster. either eat him, or give him away. sometimes mailmen like to take roosters if you need one taken away.

Don't run away from him, that just validates that he can get away with chasing and attacking you. Pick him up and carry him around next time he gets fighty. Or catch him, sit on top of him (not on top like you are crushing him, but put him between your legs so you are above him) and force him to the ground (put his beak to the ground), it's about asserting your dominance. He thinks he is the boss and thinks this is part of his job, you need to let him know that's not how it's going to work.
I had an aggressive roo and I did the pick him up and carry him around a few times and now he does not mess with me. They don't like it one bit and will fight it, but they need to be shown who's the boss. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't, but if you really really like him it's worth a shot.
This is a great tip. I have 2 lavender orpington roos in my flock, if i lean into them and pick them up when they charge me they actually calm right down and seem to love the attention. I never turn my back on them, been nailed one to many times but this pick up and walk around method totally works (for now!) :love

Can you seperate him for a few days? He may be going through some raging hormones.
Great idea, I just read an article and that is the same advice they gave…separating th too from the flock is painful emotionally to the rooster as prison. I believe they said it broke the aggression on the first punishment… It’s worth a try… a dog crate would suffice to jail him 😂🤣

Back
Top Bottom