Aggressive Rooster

xlentjoyce

Chirping
9 Years
May 4, 2014
I've always had Lovable Roosters! However my latest Silky Bantam Rooster, is an absolute A$%#&** !
He's fine with the chickens, but every time I come into the yard/coop he attacks me aggressively. ! Its not like I'm a stranger-I've raised him from a chick. I give him bread when all the hens are trying to take it away, I've held him and cuddled him. Is there anyway to calm him down? Otherwise, he's gonna hit the big time on the cockfighting circuit...

You could try picking him up and holding him and carrying him around the run or anywhere you go in the yard for as long as you can/want every day. That has worked for me in the past. Also I have had success with when he attacks you pin him down gently but firmly ti make sure he knows that you are in charge and won his fight against you. Pretty much he needs to know that you are the ( alfa rooster ) some roosters will learn and others won't. I think that most roosters see humans as being so big and dominant that they won't even try to fight them. But others want to challenge you to become the leader of the flock. So sometimes you can show them whose boss and they won't ever try to fight you again and others just won't give up. I had a huge barred rock mix rooster and he would run up and Attack you if you turned your back on him. He did that to me and then he started attacking other people. Until one day he ran up behind me and bit my leg and clawed me and then found him self flying through the air far across the run. He wasn't hurt but he never attacked me again.

Back
Top Bottom