Air Purifier safe for ducks?

Ours is an ionizer which was what I was a bit worried about. Thank you :) We will skip it and embrace the duck funk, lol.
It's really not bad since we keep them pretty clean. They will be outside soon enough and I'm going to miss having babies in the house...they grow up so fast!

I have an ionizer air purifier that I use in my girls' room - mine is one that you control if it ionize or not with a button. I've never used it because I didnt know exactly what it did, now I do lol thanks to @Miss Lydia and @Jpat. I've never had any problems, and it does help keep the smell down.

An air purifier is a great idea for any living thing, especialy with birds around because they create mass amounts of airbourne dust

What people worry about is air purifiers with ionizers

some people think it causes cancer, Some say it causes breathing problems, But they are usualy confusing ionic air purification with Ozone purification. Which is used commercialy

What ionic purifiers do essentialy is charge dust particals in the air so they stick to the ground by electrostatic attraction (Static Cling) so we have less of a chance of breathing the particals in

That being seid ive taken alot of air purifiers apart and what they use to create the ionic charge is actualy so dismall it would take 100 ionic purifiers running in a small room to ever make a person notice the air was ionized and charged.

ozone is a by product of ionization but its a very very insignificant amount. Less than what you would consume in a case of Big8 water

Sorry to babble but an ionic purifier will never make you sick, And the filtration side of it will help any living thing that uses lungs, including you and your duckys.

And its been awhile since weve seen pictures of them!

Goodluck
Lol, sounds like you know a thing or two about this :) Thank you for the info.
It's hard to believe these two were just eggs a little over a month ago and have been way too spoiled in the house. But they have done great outside with the big ducks on nice days too.
20191216_190237.jpg
20191212_182759.jpg

In the 90's I had birds - macaw, Amazons, Cockatoos, Budgies, Canaries, a few others and I had ionizer air purifiers in every room of the house. Never had a problem with the birds.
That's so neat :) I'd always wanted a parrot when I was younger.
Though my mothers cockatoo came to visit a few months ago, we did not make friends. He would take his favorite treats from me and then just throw them on the floor and wanted nothing to do with me :hmm But he's a good talker and so sweet when my mother came back to get him :)
585777206.jpg

I appreciate all the help :)

It's hard to believe these two were just eggs a little over a month ago and have been way too spoiled in the house. But they have done great outside with the big ducks on nice days too.
View attachment 1982969 View attachment 1982971

Though my mothers cockatoo came to visit a few months ago, we did not make friends. He would take his favorite treats from me and then just throw them on the floor and wanted nothing to do with me :hmm But he's a good talker and so sweet when my mother came back to get him :)View attachment 1982985
Cuuuute ducks!! I love the polka dots on their chests!! <3

View attachment 1982969 View attachment 1982971

Though my mothers cockatoo came to visit a few months ago, we did not make friends. He would take his favorite treats from me and then just throw them on the floor and wanted nothing to do with me :hmm But he's a good talker and so sweet when my mother came back to get him :)View attachment 1982985
Yup, they're brats that way!

Back
Top Bottom