Air sac in pigeon egg popped?

izaac

Hatching
Feb 13, 2022
Hey! I'm new to incubating birds and me and my mom recently discovered something different about my pigeon egg's air sac

3 days ago, i remember the sac being about the size of a small oval/circle by the corner of the egg
And then after that I woke up and candled the egg to see that the air sac became moderately smaller in size, and it looked like it was spread out/popped in different directions on the egg

The egg spots became visible to the shell outside too, and there were zero results when I searched up about it! It's only been 8/9 days since I've had that egg and I have no idea what to do

Hi there, where did you get the eggs and what temperature and humidity are you running? and are you sure of the reading?
I got the eggs from a mother pigeon who discarded her eggs at my room balcony, and the temperature I'm running in the incubator right now is 37°C

I'm not really sure, since this is my first time candling an egg, and I've only done it with my phone flashlight since I don't have an actual flashlight
But yeah, I think I'm sure I've seen a really big difference because the spots were scattered below the egg and it wasn't like that 3 days ago

Last edited:
I got the eggs from a mother pigeon who discarded her eggs at my room balcony, and the temperature I'm running in the incubator right now is 37°C

I'm not really sure, since this is my first time candling an egg, and I've only done it with my phone flashlight since I don't have an actual flashlight
But yeah, I think I'm sure I've seen a really big difference because the spots were scattered below the egg and it wasn't like that 3 days ago
Hmm, and the humidity? Can you see anything growing?

Back
Top Bottom