Almond Milk

Umlaut

In the Brooder
6 Years
Jun 7, 2013
Berkeley, CA
I've been making my own almond and cashew milk for months now. It's super cheap and delicious, so I thought I'd share!
2 Tbsp almond/cashew butter OR 1/2 cup almonds/cashews (soaked over night)
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 tsp salt
4 cups of water
Blend it all in the blender on high until it's liquified. If you use the soaked nuts (instead of butters) you might want to strain the milk through a cheese cloth. You can use the nut pulp in a smoothie or in hot cereal for extra protein and fiber.
tongue.png

It you can add more or less water, depending on how creamy you want it to be. It last about 10 days in the fridge. I simply love it in my tea and coffee (just sake it before you pour it). Enjoy!

Love it!
thumbsup.gif

My sister and I just tried our hands at making coconut oil from a coconut we bought from a store. We're waiting to see how it turns out.
She and I are very excited to try this tomorrow! Almond milk is my favorite milk, but the only brand I like is expensive. Now I can make it just the way I like it!

THANK YOU! My word all this time I have been buying the stuff and it's THAT easy to make PLUS hardly no almonds? I thought it took wayyyy more almonds than that to make!!!

Just wondering, but approximately how much almond/cashew milk does this recipe make? My hubby is interested in making it and we didn't think it was that easy either!

You can vary it by how strong or mild you want the flavor. We used more almonds about 1/3rd the blender full.. depending on how many we snacked on while making it... then topped off with water.

I used to help my sister make it all the time- except we blanched raw almonds quickly to get the skin off (which is bitter)- then blended with water and strained. We didn't add sugar or salt to it.

Umlaut
Do you know how I can send your post directly to my e-mail? I'd like to save your recipe.
Vielen Dank :)

When you say soaked over night and then the next day put water and ingredients in blender, are you using the water in which you soaked the nuts or using fresh water and discarding the soaking water? Thanks for the clarification.

They mean the cashew/almond water mix, and the other additional ingredients.

Do not pour off the mixed water as that's the good stuff.

Back
Top Bottom