Amberlink Rooster and Golden Comet Hen

Ninaamaya

Chirping
Apr 20, 2020
I accidentally received/rescued these two at different times, from different people, and they have become best friends. They are both about 7 months old, according to the folks who gave them to me. SHe is laying like crazy. I have read that because they are hybrids, their chicks will be neither amberlink nor golden comet, and the discussion always stops there!
So?! Won't they still be sweet birds, like their parents, and won't the hens be great layers, like their mom? Yeah, they will be "mutts" but again, So?!??
I have mostly silkies and brahmas, so even if Mommy Ann the Golden Comet never goes broody, I cold stick eggs under someone who will.

I had Golden Buffs same as comets essentially and they lay every day without fail! I loved my buffs. Good Luck breeding!

I accidentally received/rescued these two at different times, from different people, and they have become best friends. They are both about 7 months old, according to the folks who gave them to me. SHe is laying like crazy. I have read that because they are hybrids, their chicks will be neither amberlink nor golden comet, and the discussion always stops there!
So?! Won't they still be sweet birds, like their parents, and won't the hens be great layers, like their mom? Yeah, they will be "mutts" but again, So?!??
I have mostly silkies and brahmas, so even if Mommy Ann the Golden Comet never goes broody, I cold stick eggs under someone who will.
The reason conversation stops there is because people often get a male and female sexlink, expecting to get sexlinked babies from them

oh, right, so the whole "sex-link i can tell which are pullets" thing is gone. But they will still be great layers, right? Why would that go away?
I am so curious to let them have a bit of babies....

Back
Top Bottom