American Buff Geese

Katechicklady2000

In the Brooder
Apr 8, 2024
Does anyone have any idea what day you should be american buff geese eggs on lock down? I know geese have a wide range depending on their size. I want to keep the humidity down as long as I can because my their air sacks were smaller due to the humidity.

Thank you!! I have been looking for the days for this breed everywhere. They still seem to have some growing to do. I am also hoping their air sacks grow more. They are on day 26 today.

I would lockdown on day 28-29
Hello I went to candle them last night at 26 days and one looked like she broke through into the air sack. I put them back and started lock down.

I know they are supposed to be on lockdown for 2 or 3 days so they can break through the shell. Am I to late? Should I make a safety hole tonight if they haven't pipped?

I wouldn’t make any hole in any of the eggs at this point. It is still just only begun to be the hatching window. I have never had geese hatchon day 26 but I’ve had some on day 28-29. Could be an early bird.

Lock them down and let them be, I’ve had it take 2-4 days to get every egg hatched. Some emerge early and others take their time. Be patient and don’t fiddle with the eggs too much.

The goslings that hatch can stay in the incubator for 24-48 hrs no problem

I wouldn’t make any hole in any of the eggs at this point. It is still just only begun to be the hatching window. I have never had geese hatchon day 26 but I’ve had some on day 28-29. Could be an early bird.

Lock them down and let them be, I’ve had it take 2-4 days to get every egg hatched. Some emerge early and others take their time. Be patient and don’t fiddle with the eggs too much.

The goslings that hatch can stay in the incubator for 24-48 hrs no problem
Thank you! I checked on them at lunch time. Today is 27 days. They haven't broke into the air sack yet but are trying. They are on lock down and we are waiting to here sounds and keeping the humidity up.

Back
Top Bottom