Americauna hen pullet

4sweetones

Chirping
May 3, 2019
North Texas
I have an Americauna Hen pullet that is about 26 weeks old. My question is about when will she start laying?

She is with three other hens that are about 32 weeks old and all laying and have been laying for several weeks now. They are a Buff Orpington, a French Black Copper Maren and a Whiting True Blue.

She is younger than the others because when we purchased the girls from a reputable farm, the Americauna was a He, not a She so we had to take him back and exchange for her. It was a little adjustment for the flock and for her to fit in, but they have adjusted and she is doing fine...just no eggs. Any idea?

I have an Americauna Hen pullet that is about 26 weeks old. My question is about when will she start laying?

She is with three other hens that are about 32 weeks old and all laying and have been laying for several weeks now. They are a Buff Orpington, a French Black Copper Maren and a Whiting True Blue.

She is younger than the others because when we purchased the girls from a reputable farm, the Americauna was a He, not a She so we had to take him back and exchange for her. It was a little adjustment for the flock and for her to fit in, but they have adjusted and she is doing fine...just no eggs. Any idea?
Usually that breed is a late bloomer and I have heard that they usually don’t start laying until 26 or more weeks.

Same here, All of my feather babies started laying about 22 to 23 weeks, but 2 of my others started way later, I think it was like about 26 weeks. I was getting worried and would start looking all on my yard for eggs from them even. I thought maybe they just wanted to lay their eggs outdoors instead of inside the coop. But I never found any eggs on the ground.
Have a Blessed Day. Good luck with your Feather Babies.

It was a little adjustment for the flock and for her to fit in, but they have adjusted and she is doing fine...just no eggs. Any idea?
When did you bring her in?
Is it an Easter Egger or an Ameraucana?
Pics would help.
EE's will usually lay much younger than a pure Ameraucana.
Diet and time of year can have an affect too.

Where in this world are you located?
Climate, and time of year, is almost always a factor.
Please add your general geographical location to your profile.
It's easy to do, (laptop version shown), then it's always there!
upload_2019-11-5_8-12-4.png

When did you bring her in?
Is it an Easter Egger or an Ameraucana?
Pics would help.
EE's will usually lay much younger than a pure Ameraucana.
Diet and time of year can have an affect too.

Where in this world are you located?
Climate, and time of year, is almost always a factor.
Please add your general geographical location to your profile.
It's easy to do, (laptop version shown), then it's always there!
View attachment 1952107
Thanks. As a newbie to raising chickens any help is appreciated. I will try to send a pic later if I can figure out how. She may be a EE instead of an Ameraucana...don't know. She has green feet and that might support EE. We are enjoying "the girls." She was added to the flock the end of August. All are on a layer feed with additional occasional treats. The others lay nearly every day.

Back
Top Bottom