AniMed Blue Lotion - Did I make a mistake????

Lilion

Crowing
9 Years
Mar 28, 2014
Kinda SW MO
Did I just make a horrible mistake? I have a hen who the Roo made pretty naked in spots. I thought the other hens had been picking so I separated her for a bit. I thought I'd put Blue Kote on the red areas, but none of our local stores had it, so I went to MFA and was sold this.

I didn't read the label. Because I am an Idiot. :(

I was surprised how not-blue it was when we daubbed it on and put her back with the flock. Then I (finally) read the label. NO mention of poultry at all! It says not for cats, but I assume that's because they'd lick it. The woman at MFA knew it was for a chicken! I have googled all the ingredients and I don't see anything that is would kill a chicken, in small quantities at least.

Anyway, please tell me I haven't hurt poor Sheba! It didn't seem to bother her and I was pleased to see her redness appears healed almost scar or callous-like, not raw.

If I have to go get her and bathe her tonight, I will.

1000005595.jpg
1000005596.jpg
1000005597.jpg
1000005485.jpg

Last edited:
You've applied a small amount topically, she will likely be just fine.

Looks like mating damage to me. Feathers will usually not be replaced until she molts.
Yes, I'm sure it is, at least to start. She got the worst of it for sure. She also never really moulted last winter.

Randy the Roo has been rehomed. I only have 4 hens and he was very...amorous. He now has a harem of 18 ladies.

Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom