Any Canadians Here?

StacyR1991

Hatching
Jan 25, 2020
Hello,

I'm in the process of trying to get my towns animal control by-law changed to allow the keeping of hens as pets.

I came across this list of US towns and cities that allow chickens, but am looking for Canadian towns/cities to use as positive examples.

If you are allowed to keep chickens, or know of a town/city that does allow chickens could you please let me know?

Regards.

Hello,

I'm in the process of trying to get my towns animal control by-law changed to allow the keeping of hens as pets.

I came across this list of US towns and cities that allow chickens, but am looking for Canadian towns/cities to use as positive examples.

If you are allowed to keep chickens, or know of a town/city that does allow chickens could you please let me know?

Regards.
Les Coteaux, and Saint Lazare for sure in Quebec

Hello,

Regards.
Cambridge, Ontario used to (maybe they still do?). But the restrictions were such that very few properties were of a size that would fit within the bylaw. The coop had to be minimum of 30 meters from any property line. Not many properties within the city are wide enough to accommodate that. A few had some but neighbours complained about noise and now I am not sure the status.

Hello,

Regards.
I understand that Hamilton and Toronto allow chickens but have never verified that as I am in rural Niagara so not an issue here. Good luck.

Yeah... they're still fighting to allow hens here in Winnipeg. There's a Responsible Pet bylaw that prevents it and there's an idiot on city council trying to get all parrots but cockatiels and budgies banned as pets (Don't get me started on this idiot...) . So right now, chickens in the city is NOT looking good. :(

Back
Top Bottom