Any guesses will be helpful

Excitednewbie

Songster
Nov 9, 2021
Heyo again lovely people! 🤗 i know it is not a good pic at all 🤦‍♀️😅 ( i will try and get a good one at some stage soon) just wondering if i can try and figure out what breed this girl would be, the people i got her from had absolutely no idea. She has a few feathers down her legs (not extreme massive fluffy legs, more like just a few here and there down the legs) and her eggs are similar/ the same shape and colour of silkie eggs

P.S (the chicken at the back not the baby duckie 😅😂🤣)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230109-153332_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20230109-153332_Gallery.jpg
    362.9 KB · Views: 2
Can you please get a full body shot?
What color legs and eggs?
Thanks for the reply!! The chickens are in bed now but i will get a full body shot and upload it in the morning, along with a photo of her eggs ☺️ im pretty sure her legs are just normal white but i will double check that too 🙂

Can you please get a full body shot?
What color legs and eggs?
Here she is along with a few of her eggs 😊

Please note her previous owners rehomed her as she was getting badly bullied, ive only had her for a short period of time and she is starting to heal up nicely 🥰

Attachments

• 20230110_085110.jpg
    20230110_085110.jpg
    694 KB · Views: 3
  • 20230110_085132.jpg
    20230110_085132.jpg
    701.1 KB · Views: 3
  • 20230110_085154.jpg
    20230110_085154.jpg
    748.9 KB · Views: 3
  • 20230110_084859.jpg
    20230110_084859.jpg
    283.1 KB · Views: 2
  • 20230110_084917.jpg
    20230110_084917.jpg
    292.7 KB · Views: 2
Here she is along with a few of her eggs 😊

Please note her previous owners rehomed her as she was getting badly bullied, ive only had her for a short period of time and she is starting to heal up nicely 🥰
Maybe an erminette? could be an australorp white but leg color is wrong.
Sorry for the late response, I decided to clean my coop today.

Maybe an erminette? could be an australorp white but leg color is wrong.
Sorry for the late response, I decided to clean my coop today.
Definitely not an Erminette. Those are extremely rare. She appears to be older and very worn out so I wouldn't even rule out her technically having yellow skin. She's a mixed breed. If she's from a hatchery, the most likely mix I can think of is a Tetra Tint. :)

Definitely not an Erminette. Those are extremely rare. She appears to be older and very worn out so I wouldn't even rule out her technically having yellow skin. She's a mixed breed. If she's from a hatchery, the most likely mix I can think of is a Tetra Tint. :)
You're right, if someone had an Erminette, they would likely know what they're doing and prevent bullying and not give her away. 🤔 I'm not familiar with designer mixes that hatcheries put out, I would never had guessed Tetra tint! I like her face, she has nice beak proportions.

Could the old worn out look just be from all the bullying and stress she copped?? I mean i dont mind if she is older, at least she can live out her oldness without being bullied and hurt 😊

Could the old worn out look just be from all the bullying and stress she copped?? I mean i dont mind if she is older, at least she can live out her oldness without being bullied and hurt 😊
That causes her feathers to be worn, yes. I'm talking about the lack of yellow pigment. This could be due to poor diet, lack of forage, or simply having laid many eggs and being an older hen. :) Carotenoids can help bring back the yellow if she genetically has yellow skin!

That causes her feathers to be worn, yes. I'm talking about the lack of yellow pigment. This could be due to poor diet, lack of forage, or simply having laid many eggs and being an older hen. :) Carotenoids can help bring back the yellow if she genetically has yellow skin!
Interesting to know! Thank you!! 😊 would you have any guesstimate on how old you think she could be?

Back
Top Bottom