Any other juicers out there?

A lot of the nutrients in a fruit come out when you juice it, yes, but that's because a lot of the content of a fruit is liquid. The pulp is still made up of fruit materials.

A small amount of it definitely won't hurt your chickens. At worst, it would have a relatively low nutritional value, but so do a lot of chicken treats. That's why you mostly feed other things. But why are you determined to feed it to them, if you're composting it anyway?

A lot of the nutrients in a fruit come out when you juice it, yes, but that's because a lot of the content of a fruit is liquid. The pulp is still made up of fruit materials.

A small amount of it definitely won't hurt your chickens. At worst, it would have a relatively low nutritional value, but so do a lot of chicken treats. That's why you mostly feed other things. But why are you determined to feed it to them, if you're composting it anyway?
I'm not determined to at all. It was just a thought I had today when I was juicing. It sounded good at the time, but I'm pretty convinced I'm not going to give it to them. They really don't like any other veggies I give them. I think they have enough vegetation in their run and they eat that. Plus they get all the low hanging raspberries and the apple and pears that fall off the trees later in the summer. LOL

Back
Top Bottom