Anyone ever wing band adult chickens?

My wing bands and applicator arrived today! They are smaller than I was envisioning. I will be banding some birds this evening so I will do my best to have someone video it.
69112A5C-D3E0-4038-B919-3FCDD4C0EAA1.jpeg
B4E0BF2D-0476-4413-A079-4E217E79FC27.jpeg

Just finished wing banding all 8 of my birds with the help of my sisters. It’s pretty nerve wracking and I was nervous doing it, but thank God it went well. All birds are acting as if they were never banded to begin with.
Below is the video:
Sorry about the pixelated video for some reason whenever I upload a video to YouTube it comes out this way even though when I view it in my camera roll it’s clear.

Thanks for tagging me in this thread!
Do you have any experience with the different types? Or any reason why you used the ones you did (the jiffy wing bands?)?
I don’t have experience with the other types of wing bands. I chose the jiffy wing bands because they seem to be the easiest to apply. The zip style wing bands require you to poke them through the wing web before application which would be harder to do on an adult chicken.

I have decided to switch from zip ties to wing bands as a form of identification for my flock. The 2 Araucana pullets I have came wing banded. I have found a few videos online for wing banding baby chicks, but I have yet to find a single video of a person wing banding an adult chicken. Is it the same as wing banding a chick? These are the wing bands and applicator that I am considering buying. https://pinnonhatch.com/Poultry-Sup...ftszoppXD0Y7gdBwKEGO1W3-cwq45_GQaAhASEALw_wcB
So has anyone wing banded an adult chicken? Was it the same as wing banding a chick?
Thanks in advance.
I was thinking about using wing bands as well. How did it go? Do you still use them? Are you happy with it?

Back
Top Bottom