Approximately 8-10 week old chicks. Any clue as to what gender they are?

Chicken-tastic

In the Brooder
Feb 15, 2017
Southern California
Hello. I'm new to chicken keeping. I got my first flock of five pullets mid June, and I think they were about 4 or 5 weeks old because they were starting to feather out. There's two sex links, so I know for a fact that those are female, but the other three I'm not so sure about. Can some experienced chicken keeper help?
20170716_195623.jpg 20170716_195833.jpg 20170716_195843.jpg
This is Fluffy Butt. She (he? I'm assuming all mine are girls until otherwise proven) is a week or two younger than the others. They guy at the feed store said that she was a Jersey Giant, but I've been reading that jersey giants have yellow feet, and she has a pinkish coloration on the bottom of her feet. I want to confirm what type and breed Fluffy is. (PS the picture is of Fluffy Butt's feet)
20170716_195447.jpg
This is Flighty the Hawk. I'm fairly certain that Flighty is a female, because the pictures of female brown leghorns and legbars are what she looks like. I couldn't catch what the guy said, but he said she was a Brown Leg-something. If anyone has leghorns and legbars, can you lend me your expertise with what she is? Thanks.
20170716_195640.jpg 20170716_195644.jpg
This Barred Rock is named Kendermagos. I'd like to know if she is actually a he, but I don't thinks so because she clucks like a hen.
What do you think?

Hello. I'm new to chicken keeping. I got my first flock of five pullets mid June, and I think they were about 4 or 5 weeks old because they were starting to feather out. There's two sex links, so I know for a fact that those are female, but the other three I'm not so sure about. Can some experienced chicken keeper help?
View attachment 1079227View attachment 1079233View attachment 1079240
This is Fluffy Butt. She (he? I'm assuming all mine are girls until otherwise proven) is a week or two younger than the others. They guy at the feed store said that she was a Jersey Giant, but I've been reading that jersey giants have yellow feet, and she has a pinkish coloration on the bottom of her feet. I want to confirm what type and breed Fluffy is. (PS the picture is of Fluffy Butt's feet)
View attachment 1079258
This is Flighty the Hawk. I'm fairly certain that Flighty is a female, because the pictures of female brown leghorns and legbars are what she looks like. I couldn't catch what the guy said, but he said she was a Brown Leg-something. If anyone has leghorns and legbars, can you lend me your expertise with what she is? Thanks.
View attachment 1079265View attachment 1079267
This Barred Rock is named Kendermagos. I'd like to know if she is actually a he, but I don't thinks so because she clucks like a hen.
What do you think?

They are look like hens. Roosters would have rounded, thinner tail feather, and larger combs and wattles.

Back
Top Bottom