AQUILA 8 week old three do NOT have red combs

Eagle Hen Keeper

In the Brooder
Jun 1, 2022
Three of my 6 AQUILA have never had red combs ... Is this UNUSUAL?? no "guessers", please. Either you OWN this unusual breed, or not, and KNOW what you know, or NOT. IF your best friend has a flock of 1,000 AQUILA you see daily, you likely qualify to answer. Not trying to be a jerk, just want an experienced, "hands and eyes on" AQUILA owner sharing "breed specific" information.

Are you able to post photos of them?

No, I have no personal experience with that specific breed. But photos can be helpful for any people that do know.

Also, if it turns out to be something common to multiple chicken breeds (like a gender difference or a health issue), then even people who do not have breed-specific experience may be able to tell you something useful.

They appear to be some sort of production breed, really pretty. What makes these different from any other chicken? 8 weeks is too young for red combs unless you have cockerels.
You own some and can't tell what's going on so you can't even live up to your own qualifier.

From what I've read, they are a production dual purpose hybrid. Did you buy straight run or sexed females and suspect they made a mistake?

My aquila hen is 16 weeks old, her comb isn't red either.

Attachments

• P1210328.JPG
    P1210328.JPG
    562.8 KB · Views: 22
Hi I was hoping for some Aquila hatching eggs. I have a broody hen. I got some chicks last year but my little pom thought they all needed a bath and well you know the rest. Anyway if you could sell me some hatching eggs just one dozen I would appreciate it. Thanks I live in Pensacola FL

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom