Are duck diapers ethical?

duck diapers are 100% okay as long as you are doing it right. never use the closed tail design, open tail diapers only! we have tried so many different brands and designs, but avian fashions is the only one i would ever use again. they’re a bit pricy but worth it if your planning on using them often

you need to put an insert inside of the reusable diaper though, half of a puppy pad or piece of a baby diaper works best (and of course change every couple of hours)

we take our ducks everywhere lol, and the diapers have always worked amazing

I think it depends on your duck. Mine would be miserable if I put them in duck diapers. For mine, duck diapers are not a kind choice. When I need to bring mine inside I put down thick layers of towels and do tons of laundry.

For other ducks who are happy to be touched, if you can find a comfortable diaper and change it frequently I don't see why not. You should know if the diaper bothers them, they'll fuss at it with their bill if it is annoying.

I think it depends on your duck. Mine would be miserable if I put them in duck diapers. For mine, duck diapers are not a kind choice. When I need to bring mine inside I put down thick layers of towels and do tons of laundry.

For other ducks who are happy to be touched, if you can find a comfortable diaper and change it frequently I don't see why not. You should know if the diaper bothers them, they'll fuss at it with their bill if it is annoying.
It does take some getting used to

Attachments

• 24606041-92F3-4227-AECF-35944FFFD565.jpeg
    24606041-92F3-4227-AECF-35944FFFD565.jpeg
    371.3 KB · Views: 11
  • C0251470-3948-45BD-8BBE-1BBF86831D80.jpeg
    C0251470-3948-45BD-8BBE-1BBF86831D80.jpeg
    390.3 KB · Views: 11
Or should I not use them? If not what other options are there? Looking for least mess possible
they're fine but it depends on the duck.
The first time I put my girlie in a nappy, she ran in circles trying to get away from the strange new thing attached to her butt- before running into my arms and hiding her face, clearly wanting me to take it off and "protect" her. She was very unsettled and I took it off, haven't used it since. I simply use towels, and re-usable puppy pads. Happy ducks, happy me, even if it means more work 🤣
If I could go back in time, I'd get them used to nappies from hatched ducklings. Some ducks might take to it better, but it isnt a good fit for my Spright. Never got as far as trying it on her sister.

Back
Top Bottom