Are male call ducks quieter than female call ducks?

bridgetchicken

Songster
Sep 19, 2022
Someone on craigslist is selling male call ducks. I read online that call ducks are very noisy. But how much difference in volume and frequency are male call ducks compared to female call ducks? I thought in general that female ducks are noisier than males.

Someone on craigslist is selling male call ducks. I read online that call ducks are very noisy. But how much difference in volume and frequency are male call ducks compared to female call ducks? I thought in general that female ducks are noisier than males.
I do believe that males are generally quieter. But I’ve never owned call ducks. I hope someone helps! If you do get birds from Craigslist make sure to check them thoroughly for mites, all of my chicken friends have recently gotten infested birds!

Yes my 4 little Call Drakes chatter quietly all of the time but you can barely hear them. My Mallard, Rouen and Khaki Campbell girls have been heard two blocks away from my house. Thank heavens my neighbors say it sounds like they are laughing and they don't mind it as I live in a housing development and not out in the Country.

I got my 4 little Call Drakes off of Craigslist and I love them. They do chatter all of the time but are very quiet and nothing at all like my Hens. You can hear my Mallard, Khaki Campbell and Rouen Hens two blocks from my house is what my coworker that lives that far from me has told me. They love it though as they say it sounds like the Hens are laughing. Boy am I ever lucky because I do not live in the Country, I live in a housing development. I was able to trade my big Drakes for these 3 month old Call Drakes at the time and they have been much easier on my Hens. Mine were perfectly healthy and a good deal for me as I needed to rehome my big boys. Good luck with yours if you end up getting them. May I ask what they are charging for them and where are you located? I am just curious.

Back
Top Bottom