Are my ducks alive?

amberbloomy

Hatching
May 31, 2022
I have been incubating 2 duck eggs for about 28 days. Air incubator 36.6 degrees Celsius and 70-80% humidity the last few days.
7 days ago one of the eggs was wiggling on its own 6 days ago we could hear it chirpping. Now nothing no movement no chirpping. How can I tell if we lost the egg? The other egg has done nothing. I candled them and saw no movement in either egg.

Can you post pictures of the egg candling? It unusual for them to chirp that soon.
20220525_074116.png
20220525_074837.png

I have been incubating 2 duck eggs for about 28 days. Air incubator 36.6 degrees Celsius and 70-80% humidity the last few days.
7 days ago one of the eggs was wiggling on its own 6 days ago we could hear it chirpping. Now nothing no movement no chirpping. How can I tell if we lost the egg? The other egg has done nothing. I candled them and saw no movement in either egg.
are you certain it was chirping? 6 days with an internal but no external pip, is not good. They usually run out of oxygen in the shell within 24-48 hours-- But I am doubtful it was internally pipped, day 22 is way too early for an internal pip-
still air incubator or fan? You do not need to reduce the temp, this is done for big hatches, not for only 2.

Could you post photos of the eggs being candled? Just be careful when handling and try not to turn them as you do, place back in the incubator the same way as before.

are you certain it was chirping? 6 days with an internal but no external pip, is not good. They usually run out of oxygen in the shell within 24-48 hours-- But I am doubtful it was internally pipped, day 22 is way too early for an internal pip-
still air incubator or fan? You do not need to reduce the temp, this is done for big hatches, not for only 2.

Could you post photos of the eggs being candled? Just be careful when handling and try not to turn them as you do, place back in the incubator the same way as before.

20220602_153724.jpg

I am certain it was chirpping, they were incubating 26-29 days before I heard the chirp. Fan incubator not still.

When you start to see excess space between where the duck should be and air cell it usually means they are dead😢 At this stage they most likely drowned in the egg and 70-80% humidity is high enough to cause that.

I have been incubating 2 duck eggs for about 28 days.
7 days ago one of the eggs was wiggling on its own 6 days ago we could hear it chirpping. Now nothing no movement no chirpping.
This would mean it was day 22 at internal pip, but youre saying differently here?
I am certain it was chirpping, they were incubating 26-29 days before I heard the chirp.
This is very confusing.

Very sadly the eggs in the photos appear to have passed away, there are no visible veins and you say there is no movement. There is far too much fluid in both eggs, I do not think either egg internally pipped, but if they did I think they must have drowned- this can happen due to very high humidity
I'm sorry for your losses

Back
Top Bottom