Are my pigeons females or males

Imammusa

Songster
May 6, 2020
I have this two pigeons for over 2 months now and no sign of egg
They both coo softly when inside the but only one coo outside the cage.
so my question here is what do you think their gender is? And yes they sit on their nest all the time and they act the same
84690396-2231-4BF1-96FA-1DF7159BB2B0.jpeg

The brown one coo and act like a male outside and he always go on top of the other but he often crouch for the other to mate. And as I said earlier they fight all the time in the cage but calm outside and in the nesting box so please someone should help me

Definitely sounds like a same sex pairing.
So they both mate and switch who is on top? That and the lack of eggs points me to suggest you have a pair of males :)
The brown one is always on top
And they sit on the nest together all day

so my question here is what do you think their gender is? And yes they sit on their nest all the time and they act the sameView attachment 2133738
The brown one coo and act like a male outside and he always go on top of the other but he often crouch for the other to mate. And as I said earlier they fight all the time in the cage but calm outside and in the nesting box so please someone should help me
This is not uncommon,
so my question here is what do you think their gender is? And yes they sit on their nest all the time and they act the sameView attachment 2133738
This is not uncommon, you probably have two same sex pigeons.

How old are these birds? From the pictures they appear to be young birds going through a molt (can see the adult glossy feathers coming in on the neck). I'm not sure about the genders, but it is possible that they are still too young. They typically start reaching sexual maturity around 6 months of age. That being said, it doesn't mean it's a good idea to let them breed at such a young age (especially if they are molting their feathers).

How old are these birds? From the pictures they appear to be young birds going through a molt (can see the adult glossy feathers coming in on the neck). I'm not sure about the genders, but it is possible that they are still too young. They typically start reaching sexual maturity around 6 months of age. That being said, it doesn't mean it's a good idea to let them breed at such a young age (especially if they are molting their feathers).
Are you suggesting I stop them from mating because I don’t think I can do that

Are you suggesting I stop them from mating because I don’t think I can do that
What I'm saying is breeding is stressful, and so is molting. Put them together and it's even more stressful. Young birds aren't fully mature yet so it's hard on them because they themselves are still developing. The choice is up to you as the owner whether or not to separate them. I don't even know for sure if you have a male and a female, or 2 males... the only thing I can see is they look young and are molting. Some birds wont even lay eggs during the molt, so that can be another issue.

Back
Top Bottom