Are red golden Pheasants easier to tame?

I've used a strechabe tether attached to my golden pheasant males before in the past and it worked well for me, they could be outside in the lawn without them flying away. Never used a harness before though.
Wow! Was the stretchable tether attached to your pheasant’s leg? If I do that to my pheasant is there a risk of dislocating their foot from their leg?

Wow! Was the stretchable tether attached to your pheasant’s leg? If I do that to my pheasant is there a risk of dislocating their foot from their leg?
I tied the tether to some of my trees in my yard and wooden post I put in the ground for them, the tether was attached to their legs and it didn't seem to hurt them. They would only peck at the tether sometimes but I tied it strong so they couldn't escape, but not too tight of course! Didn't seem to hurt em.

I tied the tether to some of my trees in my yard and wooden post I put in the ground for them, the tether was attached to their legs and it didn't seem to hurt them. They would only peck at the tether sometimes but I tied it strong so they couldn't escape, but not too tight of course! Didn't seem to hurt em.
But nowadays I just raise young pheasants and let them free range in my yard, I only put the tether to my older pheasants and the more skittish ones. Golden pheasants do not return at night and you need to Herd them back or you won't be seeing them in the morning!

Back
Top Bottom