Are their any breeders doing a production rate blue egg layer project?

Hello all, I am looking for blue egg chickens but I'm looking for production quality. I don't care about the looks I just want them to lay a lot of large blue eggs or as close to that as I can get. I've had Easter eggers in the past whose rates were three to four medium eggs a week. I'm looking for something more like my production Red who lays six to seven eggs a week and they are jumbo sized. Not sure if this is been done or maybe I need to move to the country and start my own breeding project, but if you have been breeding for egg production in blue eggers let me know! I am looking for a good color and good quantity
Most super blue layers created say they used Araucanas x high production commercial White Leghorns like the Novagen White.
Would think using even a Ameraucana Cock that carried both copies of the blue egg gene would work too.
Years ago I even crossed my Silverudds Blue Cock x white & tinted egg layers to check pullets egg colors to see if my male was homogeneous O/O for the Blue egg gene.
I got blue & Black Swedish Black Hens that lay blue eggs.
They are medium built like an Andalusian.
Silverudds we're created to lay 200-250 large moss eggs per year.
They have website with a breeders list.
https://www.silveruddsblue.org/breeder-directory

Hello all, I am looking for blue egg chickens but I'm looking for production quality. I don't care about the looks I just want them to lay a lot of large blue eggs or as close to that as I can get. I've had Easter eggers in the past whose rates were three to four medium eggs a week. I'm looking for something more like my production Red who lays six to seven eggs a week and they are jumbo sized. Not sure if this is been done or maybe I need to move to the country and start my own breeding project, but if you have been breeding for egg production in blue eggers let me know! I am looking for a good color and good quantity
Here's another link on BYC to Arkansas Blues hatching eggs hoping they keep their flock so I can get some to try hatching too.
These were originally created by a Arkansas College using Araucanas x Commercial Production Leghorns.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/arkansas-blue-hatching-eggs.1449544/

Kern has the Arkansas Blues . If interested let me know . I can give you his number . Also here is our Facebook group

Attachments

• 76F22FAC-526A-4ADD-91EC-56052FA641CD.png
    76F22FAC-526A-4ADD-91EC-56052FA641CD.png
    986.1 KB · Views: 4
  • CC3C8761-B704-4800-BFF4-DAF2BB94949A.jpeg
    CC3C8761-B704-4800-BFF4-DAF2BB94949A.jpeg
    387.1 KB · Views: 4
I am going to be working on that project myself this year. I am happy to keep you updated as it goes! It'll probably take me two years and only because I'm going to be doing genetic testing to cut down on my trial and error

I am going to be working on that project myself this year. I am happy to keep you updated as it goes! It'll probably take me two years and only because I'm going to be doing genetic testing to cut down on my trial and error time.
Are you using Araucanas x Novogen Whites?

Back
Top Bottom