Are these flowers safe for my chickens?

Addiena

In the Brooder
Jul 1, 2020
This is a humming bird/butterfly mix. I was wondering if all these flowers were ok to feed to my chickens.

Callistephus chinensis (China Aster), Cynoglossum amabile (Chinese Forget me Not), Cosmos bipinnatus (Cosmos), Delphinium ajacis (Larkspur), Echinacea purpurea ( Coneflower), Gypsophila elegans (Baby's Breath), Lavatera trimestris ( Mallow), Linaria maroccana (Baby Snapdragon), Lupinus succulentus (Arroyo Lupine), Monarda citriadora (Lemon Mint), Papaver rhoeas (Red Poppy/Shirley Poppy), Rudbeckia hirta (Black Eyed Susan), Salvia coccinea (Scarlet Sage), Silene armeria (None So Pretty), Trifolium incarnata (Crimson Clover), and Tropaeoleum nanum (Nasturtium)

Welcome!
Chickens are pretty good at selecting plants that they can eat, and most (all?) of those sound good to me. Most of use have toxic plants growing on our properties, and unless that's all there is for them, they will avoid the bad stuff.
Mary

Thanks so much. I don't free range because I'm scared they will go over the fence. My daughter found chicken harnesses 😆 that we are going to try, so I was hoping they could pick at those when we have them out. They are fully bloomed now.

Back
Top Bottom